Why implement ISO 14001:2015?
The objective of this international standard, when introduced within an organization, is to promote the protection of the environment, as well as to provide control and improve our environmental performance.
We could think that the implementation of this management system will involve a cost, but it is really an investment because it presents the following benefits for the company:
- Implements an efficient use of resources, thus contributing to cost reduction (electricity, water, fuel).
- Reduction of energy costs and emissions, i.e. an increase in profitability.
- Gives greater prestige to the organization, as stakeholders can verify our environmental commitment after the implementation of the management system.
- It helps to generate market opportunities, as it is often a “sine qua non” requirement in public and private tenders.
- It results in motivated and environmentally committed employees, as they feel part of an organization that is also committed to the environment.
- Reduces the risk of environmental accidents, by having an environmental emergency plan communicated to its stakeholders through the KAPRES TECHNOLOGY website.
- Reduces the possibility of non-compliance with current environmental legislation by establishing a monthly monitoring procedure of legal, regulatory and other applicable requirements.
- It provides an overview of the operations carried out in environmental matters, favoring the identification of problems and the improvement of processes, which leads to an increase in the efficiency of the usual performance.
KAPRES TECHNOLOGY has obtained certification based on the ISO 14001:2015 standard in June 2022, certified by BSI following the commitment made by the Management for its implementation in the organization.